Feed fruits and vegetables to kids
Tips to make kids eat healthy fruits and veggies
1. You can get your children involved in the food shopping. This is a great way to teach kids about how fruits and veggies can keep them healthy. You can also encourage them to choose a variety of fruits and vegetables.
2. Ask your children plant and harvest their favorite vegetables in the garden. This is great way to teach kids about gardening.
3. Let your children be a part of meal planning and preparation. Buy them aprons and let them start out by making their own food. They may even teach you a thing in the cooking process. Get your child involved in washing and peeling the fruits and veggies. Try to serve fruits and veggies at each meal. Top off almond backed goods with fruits like strawberries and bananas. Add grated veggies to the side dishes and soup.
4. Try to give smaller portions of fruits and vegetables instead of larger portions.
5. Fruit smoothies and shakes are a delicious way for a portion of fruits. You can make a banana smoothie, apple smoothie, strawberries and blue berries smoothies.
6. Let the children decorate their own pizzas (crust with almond flour) with tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots and peppers that will later encourage kids to eat fruits and vegetables.
7. You can add more veggies to the soups and stews. Also you can steam their favorites vegetables with a little grated cheese. Serve veggies with a yogurt dip or veggies dip.
8. Cut the fruits into bite size pieces for kids. It can be more attractive for younger children.
9. Children can get bored if you give the same fruits and veggies everyday. You can try different kinds of fruits like mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, and melon at least once a week.
10. Kids are turned off to try new foods if the color is not appealing to them. Mix colors at least twice a week.
11. You can challenge kids to reach their daily fruits and veggies goal. Reward the child with a prize.
12. Salads are a great way to introduce vegetables. You can include lettuce and tomatoes in lettuce rollups.
13. Use fruits with desserts like fruit mixed with yogurt and almond flour cake topped with fruit.
14. Always praise your children for trying a new fruit or vegetable.
SCD adapted from: http://hubpages.com/hub/Tips-to-make-your-child-eat-fruits-and-vegetables