Natural Nutritionists advise the following when it comes to slowing down such degenerative skeletal disorders as osteopenia and osteoporosis. Ask your doctor about alternatives to prescription medication:
1. Regular weight bearing exercise, particularly in the evening to prevent bone loss during long periods of inactivity.
2. They also recommend the following food sources of beneficial nutrients:
· Vitamin D from natural sunlight, salmon, eggs, organ meats, fortified milk for making SCD yogurt, fish oil.
· Calcium from dark leafy greens, broccoli, chickpeas, almonds, fortified milk for making SCD yogurt.
· Magnesium from seafood, almonds and other nuts, dark leafy greens.
· Manganese from pecans, Brazil nuts, almonds, dark leafy greens, pineapples, legumes, egg yolk.
(Supplementation can also be used, but bodies better utilize the naturally occurring components of food.)